As your local Councillors, we have always focused on improving transport infrastructure for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers in our area.
The junction at Clare Rd and Pendyris St has often caused concerns both in terms of safety and traffic flow. We’ve met with officers several times to explore how this junction could be improved for everyone’s benefit.
The Council are now consulting on plans to install a pelican crossing and make Pendyris St one-way, and we want to encourage as many residents as possible to have their say.
This scheme includes:
- a one-way system onto Pendyris Street at the Clare Road junction;
- improved crossing points for pedestrians and cyclists on Clare Road;
- public realm improvements;
- a contraflow cycleway area; and
- minor changes to the parking layout on Pendyris Street.
You can comment on the plans using the form below.